Home/DSOS/M31

09.12.06

This image was taken with a few 15-20fps. The image was slighlty modified in photoshop. As it was at the side of the screen some of the picture went missing. This image was an improvement on the last and the shape looks more vivid. Brightness 70% Gain 40% 10FPS

M27

02.10.06

Tonight was about trying new methods, the image below was created by stacking10 seperate 15-30 sec exposures. The images were slightly turned in Adobe Photoshop as some did not quite line up, this meant more frames to use! The image was then stacked in registax. More details were seen than before but still no dust lanes, atleast it has shape now!

M27

29.09.06

Tonight i decided to try and get a series of exposures to take the grain look out of the images. The main problem was the heavy rain which meant yet again i had to run inside and lost my measurements earlier in the day. This image is a lot less grainy than the others and is a few short 15sec exposures together. Still not enough detail to see dust lanes yet but a slight improvement. I also dropped the Saturation for this image 5x 15 Second Exposures, 30% gain, 100% brightness, 90% saturation. Eddited levels in Photoshop

M27

27.09.06

Tonights images were taken with rather longer exposures however there was not enough time to stack many images and the RTP broke after the wires connecting to the batteries was damaged. The platform was adequate for one nights work however as i repaired it i lost the direction and flat ground i had found earlier in the light. 15 sec exposure, max brightness, 35% gain, 10fps

M27

24.09.06

M31, These were the first images of M31 and were purely taken to test settings. Because the Galaxy had not been imaged before there was an apparant problem setting the right settings to capture it. Further problems included misty ait and a badly set up mount. The mount was not levelled at all, and a north approximation was taken, then the mount was used on a wet grassy surface. The results are:

M27